Often people think they are aging at a faster speed and end up using plenty of make-up products and some even opt for medicines to look younger. Well, first of all aging is a natural process and you need to accept the fact. It is true that you cannot avoid the aging process but there are ways to slow down the process and that too without the side effects of medicines and cosmetic products.
If you want to look younger, follow these 10 simple strategies.
- Eat More Antioxidants: Instead of investing on cosmetic products to look younger, try to follow a well balanced diet plan. According to a new study from Unilever, participants who ate more anti-oxidant rich foods look much younger than those who follow a poor diet plan. A growing body needs proper nourishment to stay well and anti-oxidant based foods can make your body healthy from within. You also need to eat foods rich in all the essential nutrients, protein, vitamins, essential fats, carbohydrates etc. Along with foods, you need to keep your body well hydrated by drinking at least eight to ten glasses of pure water every day.
- Smile More: Sure, smiles fend off future frown lines, but they also make you look younger right away. To smile more invest in happiness. When you are happy it shows on your face and makes you look younger than your age. If you wish to enjoy ageless and beautiful skin, live joyously, spend time with family and friends, do things that you love to do and smile around. Take out some half an hour from your busy day and do something that can make you smile more.
- Keep Blood Pressure in Check: One 2013 study found that people who look younger than their years tend to have lower blood pressure, while another new study in Molecular Psychiatry shows that depression, which researchers find compromises your immunity, may actually speed up the biological aging process. So, try to follow a healthy lifestyle and eat healthy foods to keep your blood pressure normal. There are many easy to follow tips that can also help you to maintain your blood pressure
level. Know about such tips here at www.top10homeremedies.com.
- Stop Frowning: Your habit of brow-raising, frowning, and daily sunscreen neglect can give you etched wrinkles across your forehead. It is a fact that every time you furrow your brows, you add age to your looks. As you age and your skin loses flexibility, and these fines and wrinkles become more visible. This is why it is highly recommended to stop frowning as much as possible. Try to keep yourself happy and away from stress so that there is no need to frown at all.
- Do More Exercise: The more lean and fit you are, the younger you look. According to a new study from UC San Francisco exercise influences your DNA. Researchers did a study of twins and find out the twin who exercises for 30 minutes a day have DNA markers that look 10 years younger as compared to the other part. So, take out time from your busy schedule to do regular physical exercise. This is one of the best ways to keep joints flexible, heart healthy, skin glowing, and energy-levels high. If your body does not allow you to do heavy exercises, then you can try walking, swimming, and yoga.
- Get More Sleep: Beauty sleep prevents dark under circles as well as puffy eyes that can make you look more aged. Also those you do not sleep properly have difficulty from recovering from environmental stressors and UV rays of the sun. This ends up making the person look more aged. Also sleep affects your physical health and emotional well-being. So, no matter what your age, getting sound sleep everyday is highly essential. Try to get seven hours of sound sleep every day to age well. A good night’s sleep will improve concentration and memory formation, allow your body to repair cell damage and refresh your immune system, which in turn helps to prevent many age related diseases.
- Have More Sex: A new study claims a healthy sex life is the real secret to looking younger. Intercourse causes the release of the human growth hormone, which makes skin look more elastic, among other biological reactions. Also sex releases endorphins, which are the body’s feel-good chemicals and natural painkillers that ease anxiety and make it easier to sleep. Plus, sex boosts blood circulation, which is good for the heart and gives skin that healthy glow.
- Maintain Teeth Whiteness: Teeth become dark over time and the darker your teeth, the older you look. So you need to make efforts to keep your teeth white like pearls. Brush your teeth at least twice a day once in the morning and again before going to bed. It is mandatory as it helps a lot to get rid of stained teeth as well as bad breath. According to a 2010 study, it has been found that people who brush twice a day look approximately fivte years younger than those who brush just once. Of course, if you have yellow or stained teeth, you can try some home remedies or opt for some good teeth-whitening technique. Find some solutions here at www.doctoroz.com.
- Grow Facial Hair: Often guys used to grow whiskers to look older. But according to recent University of Southern Queensland research, beards and mustaches can make guys look younger than their age. This is because beards and mustaches can block up to 95 percent of the sun’s harmful UV rays. It is a known fact that too much exposure to UV rays is not at all good for the skin. Plus, facial hair secretes natural oils that help keep skin moisturized and wrinkle-free. So, guys can keep a trendy looking beard or mustache to look younger. Well, this particular tip is not for girls.
- Say No to Smoking: It’s a fact that smoking ages you. According to new research published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, “every 10 years of smoking resulted in a perceived extra 2.5 years of age”. The nicotine present in cigarettes may also cause dark circles under the eyes, uneven skin tone, grayish skin complexion and development of fine lines and wrinkles. In fact, smoking causes the skin to age even more than exposure to sunlight. Also smoking can cause many health problems including cancer. So, it is better to stop smoking today only if you wish to look younger for years to come.
By following these tips you can look much younger than your age and it will be really difficult for others to guess your real age.