Breast sagging is a normal part of the aging process which happens due to stretch of ligaments, break down of connective tissue and thinning skin around the breast area. At times sagging or dropping of breasts can happen at an early age also. There can be number of causes behind it including, many numbers of pregnancies, having large or narrow breasts, use of wrong bra, sudden weight gain or weight loss, excessive smoking and also genetics.
You cannot prevent breast sagging as it is an inevitable process where gravitation force play a key role. However, there are a few things that you can try to keep sagging to a minimum.
Here are some of the tips to perk up your bust:
- Try your best to maintain a steady weight as gaining and losing weight can cause sagging breasts. You can maintain your weight by following a well balanced diet plan and regular physical exercise. Eat plenty of green vegetables, lean protein, fresh fruits and whole grains and stay away from junk food to maintain your figure. Also make it a habit to walk for at least half an hour daily to keep your metabolism up and your weight steady.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep the connective tissue and skin healthy which in turn will help slow down the signs of breast sagging. Along with water you can also drink green tea or fresh fruit juice or vegetable juice.
- Wrong posture can cause dropping of breasts and so it is very important to pay attention to your posture. Good posture will lift the breasts up. When you sit, make sure your back is straight, your shoulders are back and your head is lifted. If you have wrong posture, you can improve it by strengthening your core muscles, including your abs and back.
- Use sunscreen daily to protect your skin from the damaging ultraviolet rays that contribute to the loss of elastin and collagen that keep skin firm. Use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 to any exposed areas of your chest both during summer and winter days.
- Stop smoking as soon as possible as it reduces collagen formation which is highly essential to keep the skin firm and tight. Also the nicotine in cigarette reduces skin thickness which can make skin lose elasticity and cause premature aging.
- According to several research works it has been found that wearing bras all the time may increase sagging. Also it may increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence try not to wear bra more than 12 hours a day. Before going to sleep, remove your bra. This will help the muscle tissue that supports the breasts to develop properly.
- Avoid going braless for a longer period of time. Gravity will inevitably stretch the breast tissue making your breasts to sag. Also going braless will not do any good to your figure irrespective of the type of cloth you prefer to wear.
- To protect the tissue of your breasts and prevent premature sagging of breasts you must wear a bra that fits properly. It has been found that many women do not wear the correct bra, and they end up with sagging breasts at an early age. In case you are not sure about the proper bra size, you can take help from a professional bra fitter. Many quality lingerie stores and department stores offer this kind of service for free.
- Just like having the correct sized bra is important, you must also wear it correctly. Make sure the straps of your bra are adjusted to your back and the middle of the bra is centered with your body. If you love active sports, it is highly recommended to wear sports bra. This type of bra will give full support to your breasts when they bounce a lot.
- You can reduce the potential problems of sagging breast by massaging your breasts at least 3 to 5 times a week. There are breast massage oils available in the market. Use this kind of oil for better result. When you massage your breast, it releases stagnated fluids in the breasts for optimal breast health. Also the process will help in re-shaping and lifting your breasts.
- There are many ‘bust creams’ in the market that promise to solve the problem of sagging breasts. But in reality, such products don’t work and can be harmful to your skin as they are full of chemicals and preservatives. Avoid using any such products.
To sum up, follow these tips to avoid having sagging breasts at an early age. Always remember that firm and perk up breasts are signs of youth and beauty.