Skin is the largest organ of the body and it needs lot of maintenance to keep it looking young and radiant for years to come. If you have entered the middle age bar, stop taking things for granted. This means you need to take more care of your skin on a daily basis to avoid various signs of aging.
For a happy, healthy and young looking skin, you need to devote some time from your busy schedule. There is no need to make appointments at beauty salons. Just making small changes in your daily routine will help you to enjoy good skin.
Here are some of the core essentials to proper skin.
- Sleep: Get plenty of sleep, and skin will thank you for your effort. Just as the body needs sleep to feel energized the next morning, skin also needs sleep to look better. The skin detoxifies and replenishes while you sleep. Try to get at least six hours of sound sleep after a busy day.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise not only heals the body, but the mind as well. With regular physical exercise of half an hour you can lower hormone levels, flush out toxins from the body and boost collagen production. All these factors are essential to both body and skin health.
- Eat right: Consume plenty of vegetables and fruits, and limit your salt, dairy, and sugar intake. Make sure your diet consists of plenty of nutrient-rich foods that contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants (vitamins A, C, and E). One nutrient which is good for the skin is biotin (a type of B vitamin), which helps replenish not only the skin but the hair and nails as well. Also there are certain anti-aging superfoods that can help to maintain your youthfulness.
- Limit caffeine intake: Reduce your caffeine intake as much as possible as it can dehydrate the skin and increase the risk of developing wrinkles at an early age. Instead of coffee, try to drink green tea. Green tea is good for the skin and it has many health benefits also.
- Drink plenty of water: For healthy skin it is very essential to keep the skin hydrated all the time. Drinking plenty of water is the easiest and simplest way to keep your body as well as your skin hydrated. Also fruit and vegetable juices help flush the system of toxins and keep the skin moist and plump. To understand the benefits of drinking water, read this article at www.health.com.
- Relax: Do not stress yourself all the time. Instead you need to make effort and take out time for relaxation. Try to find activities that calm you: read a book, take a yoga class, listen to music, play some sports or do some breathing exercises. If you calm the body, the skin will be calm as well.
- Keep your skin clean: Follow a healthy skin care regimen and your skin will remain beautiful for years to come. Start with cleansing your face in the morning and at night. Follow that with a toner and then a moisturizer. Once a week you should apply a facial mask and also exfoliate. Lastly before going to bed remove all your makeup. In case you need to plan a proper skin care routine, get important tips from www.totalbeauty.com.
- Choose the right makeup products: You should avoid skin care products laden with harmful chemicals. Opt for herbal makeup products that are made of natural ingredients. Also you need to use products according to your skin type. Each skin type has different requirements.
- Keep the skin moisturized: Moisturizers are essential to keep the skin healthy. Every time you wash, you should always follow with a moisturizer to replace the oils you may have stripped. The more moisturized the skin, the better it will look.
- Avoid direct sun: Limit your sun exposure, and when you are in the sun, be sure to wear a natural SPF. People often only think of this during the summer, but winter can expose you to sun damage. To know how sun can damage your skin, check this informative article at www.mayoclinic.org.
By following these tips on daily basis, you can keep your skin looking young, supple and radiant for years to come.