Have you started noticing wrinkles on your face? Wrinkles are one of the first signs of aging. Well, if you are still young and your skin is showing signs of aging, then it is high time to take necessary steps to prevent them. Else, you will start looking older than your age.
Instead of buying expensive creams and lotions or opting for surgical procedures, you can pamper your skin with natural ingredients. To reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging, banana is a good ingredient.
There are several essential nutrients in banana that make it one of the best fruits for the face. Banana is perfect for preventing premature wrinkles and also for fighting fine lines and wrinkles at an early age. The key nutrient in banana is potassium that helps to lock in water which in turn keeps the skin well hydrated. Also it has vitamin C that helps in the production of collagen as well as fights free radical damage. Plus, it has lectin that kills harmful bacteria on skin and keeps the skin free from acne and pimples. Lastly, the amino acid maintains skin elasticity and strength.
To make a face mask at home you need to combine banana with Greek yogurt and orange juice. Enriched with good bacteria, Greek yogurt helps to open up skin pores, improves complexion, and keeps the skin hydrated as well as moisturized. On the other hand, orange juice is rich in vitamin C, calcium, potassium and magnesium. Orange juice can protect skin from free radical damage, promote a healthy skin glow, preserve moisture in skin and prevent oxidative stress in skin cells.
So, to make the anti-aging face mask at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- One small banana (ripe)
- One teaspoon orange juice
- One teaspoon of Greek yogurt (plain yogurt will also do)
Directions to make the face mask:
- First of all collect all the ingredients in one place along with a clean bowl and a fork.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mash the banana with a fork to create a smooth even mixture. You can even put all the ingredients in a blender for a quick smooth paste.
- Now wash your face properly and then apply this mixture onto your face with the help of your fingers or a clean brush.
- Allow this mask to rest for about fifteen minutes. During this time you can watch television or listen to your favorite music. Make sure you do not frown while the mask is on your face as it will have an adverse effect on your skin.
- Now wash your face with warm water and pat dry. Your skin will look fresh.
Note: You can store the left-over face mask safely for a week in your refrigerator. Also you can add little coconut oil or olive oil to the mask to lock in moisture.
Next time when you have over-ripe bananas in your kitchen counter, don’t throw them away! Use them for a luscious banana face mask to keep your skin looking young for years to come.